One of the most basic upgrades you can do to your car is replacing your stock speakers. Being at home, you can now sit down and work on your project which has been sitting in the garage for a long time. With the right tools and a lot of patience, you can get that premium sound out of your car in no time.
This is also a great time to shop for new car speakers to install, so when you get back on the open road, you can listen like never before. If you’re search of some high-quality speakers, visit the OnlineCarStereo.com Vehicle Fit Guide to determine the correct car speakers for your installation. We have tons of different brands and designs of speakers at affordable prices.
Before we start, let’s set aside the right tools for the job.
- Screw drivers (depending of the type of screw head your speakers have)
- Panel tool
- Soldering tool (as needed)
1) To start, you will need to remove the screws, panels and grills from your car door or dashboard.
Tip: Using the panel tool can help to easily pry out the panels without breaking them.
2) Unscrew the actual speaker form the housing or bracket if there are any. Once you remove them, carefully disconnect the terminals from the speaker. This is now a good time to clean the terminals if oxidation has already formed; doing so will allow excellent conduction of the audio signal on your new speakers.
3) Take out the newly acquired speaker and connect it to the terminal. Remember that the larger terminal is “positive” and the smaller one is “negative”. You have the option to solder the terminal for better conduction and security.
4) Before putting the whole setup back in the door or dashboard, quickly test if they are producing sound and the speaker is working properly.
5) Finally, screw the speaker in place carefully but securely to avoid rattling when sound is produced.
There you go! We hope you enjoy the new sound of your DIY car speakers. Installation is generally straightforward, but if you still have any questions about installing car door speakers, contact our service team Monday-Friday for expert audio guidance.
Remember to visit us at OnlineCarStereo.com for all your car audio and video needs. You can also subscribe to our newsletter to receive weekly promotional offers and save tons of cash on premium car A/V components.
Tomorrow, August 28, 2019, PCH Custom Audio will hold the ALPINE X-PERIENCE EVENT at their Wilmington shop 1330 W Pacific Coast Hwy, Wilmington CA. We will be joined by representatives from Alpine California to promote the newest products in the car audio industry. There will be 20% OFF on all Alpine products in-store and online at WWW.ONLINECARSTEREO.COM. All you have to do is go to the store or call us at 310-526-8635 for the discount.
Items in the event include the newest iLX-W650 7” Mech-Less Digital Multimedia Receiver that is Apple Carplay and Android Auto. This very affordable premium head unit also comes with a slim chassis so you know it will surely fit your dashboard whatever model of car you have. If you are up to a real upgrade, the X-PERIENCE event also has the iLX-F309 with a 9” touchscreen, bluetooth and CarPlay / Android Auto compatibility. If you are always on Spotify, Pandora or iHeart Radio, the iLX-F309 can stream your favorite music with ease of control while driving.
For the serious bassheads, we are offering the Type R and S series subwoofers on all sizes. For Jeep Wrangler enthusiasts, we also have limited stocks of the PSS-22WRA weather resistant sound system package. If you are looking to upgrade your factory speakers, the Type S series are the way to go. We offer various speaker sizes such as the S-S65 (6.5”), S-S69 (6”X9), S-S50 (5.25”) and S-S40 (4”). The quality of sound that these speakers produce is a far leap than the factory speakers equipped in your car.
For amplification, Alpine has many options for your specific needs from mono to 5-channel amplifiers. If you application only requires a mono amp, we do have the PDR-M65 650W RMS PDR Series which is an excellent upgrade if you want to install an additional subwoofer. For 4 channel, we offer the R-A60F, KTA-30FW, S-A32F, S-A55V and a lot more.
Be sure to visit our shop at Wilmington California and win some prices while you are there. Call us for your online order if you are located outside of CA and we will try to assist you in any way we can. Visit WWW.ONLINECARSTEREO.COM to view our Alpine catalog. You can also subscribe to our NEWSLETTER to receive weekly promotions and save tons of cash.
Subject to credit check and approval. Down payment may be required.
For purchases under $100, limited payment options are available.
Affirm loans are made by Cross River Bank, a New Jersey State Chartered Commercial Bank, Member FDIC.