We all love listening to music and it’s that music that keeps us sane while driving through traffic. One of the most common upgrades an audiophile wants to do is subwoofers. Depending on your preferred music, there are a number of considerations you’ll have to do to get the perfect sound you are looking for.
Several brands come to mind when you are on a lookout for subwoofers. First is JL Audio which needs no introduction. They make the best subwoofers money can buy and they are more expensive than the other brands out there. Their best seller is the W3V3 which is a standard upgrade for intermediate to advanced audiophiles. These are powerhouse subs that deliver potent performance and quality sound for medium power applications. They also have the W7AE series which delivers exceptional balance and limitless dynamics.
Massive Audio is another brand that is well known in the car audio industry. Their subwoofers are built like a tank and even provide power only a bass addict can dream of. Currently, their best seller is the HIPPOXL 152R that produces a whopping 3000 watts of RMS. Massive’s line is well suited for completion and it will never let you down.
For conventional subwoofers, Kicker stands out in terms of quality and price. They have 12 subwoofer lines that cater to different applications and various price ranges. For starter upgrades, the CompR series are very popular such as the 43CWR104, 43CWR124 or 43CWR154 that produces reliable bass sounds for the money. For premium model, nothing can go wrong with Kicker’s Q class. With their innovative classic square design and oversized magnets will allow every drop of power to get from the sub to your ears.
Lastly, there are other notable premium brands to mention like Alpine’s Type-R series, Pioneer’s A-series, Focal’s Elite and Auditor lines; and Hertz and Audison. These are more upscale models that are preferred by high-end audiophiles.
This makes you think, how to I select which subwoofer to buy? The answer lies on different factors. First is Power. This is the main criteria to consider identifying how much bass you want to produce for your car. There are misconceptions that you refer to the peak power, but it is the other way around. You should look at the RMS which is the rating for continuous power a subwoofer produces. If you are within the RMS power, you are not risking your subs or amp to be blown. Subsequently, after knowing the power, one should also consider the sensitivity of the sub. This determines how sensitive the subwoofer to receive power to produce for the sound required. It is also important to consider how low the frequency range the subwoofer will produce. This is indicated by the frequency range of the subwoofer.
Does size matter? Will a 15” sub produce more bass than a 10” or 8”? This is technically true but do not underestimate smaller subs. There are some smaller size subwoofers that produce quality bass. One factor to consider size is if it will fit your vehicle.
Make sure you visit us at OnlineCarStereo.com for more subwoofers with the best prices. You can also subscribe to our newsletter to receive weekly promotions and save tons of cash.
Onlinecarstereo is launching Virtual Assistant. A first of its kind personal car audio assistance that can assess and recommend the best setup for your vehicle. Through the use of internet technology, our team can personally talk to you via FaceTime, FB Messenger or Android to get the perfect upgrade for your vehicle even when you are at home staying safe.
1) Call 310-830-1400 or message us at our Facebook Page; and schedule a call back appointment.
2) Our expert Virtual Assistant will call you via video chat.
3) Tell our Virtual Assistants what you desire to achieve in terms of sound and budget.
4) Our Virtual Assistant experts will provide you the best setup for your budget:
- Provide you the best options for Amplifier with the right wattage and impedance;
- Provide you the best options for speakers, tweeters and subwoofers with compatible wattage and wiring options that will work best on the amp;
- Provide you the best options for head units with navigation, Apple CarPlay or Android Auto and correct wiring harnesses compatible with your vehicle;
- And more!
5) After determining the items needed, we can assist you in ordering it in our website OnlineCarStereo.com. You can pay thru credit car, Paypal or apply for financing with guaranteed approval.
6) After you receive the items, if you are in the SOCAL area, you can schedule an install with our shops.
Remember to visit us at OnlineCarStereo.com to get all your car audio / video needs. We have thousands of products available with FREE SHIPPING. You can also subscribe to our newsletter to receive weekly promotion and save tons of cash.