One of the most basic upgrades you can do to your car is replacing your stock speakers. Being at home, you can now sit down and work on your project which has been sitting in the garage for a long time. With the right tools and a lot of patience, you can get that premium sound out of your car in no time.
This is also a great time to shop for new car speakers to install, so when you get back on the open road, you can listen like never before. If you’re search of some high-quality speakers, visit the OnlineCarStereo.com Vehicle Fit Guide to determine the correct car speakers for your installation. We have tons of different brands and designs of speakers at affordable prices.
Before we start, let’s set aside the right tools for the job.
- Screw drivers (depending of the type of screw head your speakers have)
- Panel tool
- Soldering tool (as needed)
1) To start, you will need to remove the screws, panels and grills from your car door or dashboard.
Tip: Using the panel tool can help to easily pry out the panels without breaking them.
2) Unscrew the actual speaker form the housing or bracket if there are any. Once you remove them, carefully disconnect the terminals from the speaker. This is now a good time to clean the terminals if oxidation has already formed; doing so will allow excellent conduction of the audio signal on your new speakers.
3) Take out the newly acquired speaker and connect it to the terminal. Remember that the larger terminal is “positive” and the smaller one is “negative”. You have the option to solder the terminal for better conduction and security.
4) Before putting the whole setup back in the door or dashboard, quickly test if they are producing sound and the speaker is working properly.
5) Finally, screw the speaker in place carefully but securely to avoid rattling when sound is produced.
There you go! We hope you enjoy the new sound of your DIY car speakers. Installation is generally straightforward, but if you still have any questions about installing car door speakers, contact our service team Monday-Friday for expert audio guidance.
Remember to visit us at OnlineCarStereo.com for all your car audio and video needs. You can also subscribe to our newsletter to receive weekly promotional offers and save tons of cash on premium car A/V components.
We see a lot of car audio brands from premium to affordable and Crunch is one of the unsung heroes of the car audio world. Crunch has been around since 2001 providing music in a variety of technology from CD / MP3 Players and car electronics. In the car audio industry, Crunch has been synonymous with affordability and quality.
Crunch has top notch amplifiers designed for every application. The new Powerzone series are the best sellers at Onlinecarsteo such as the PZ-4020.4-PRO producing 4000 watts with a Pulse Width Modulated MOSFET power supply. The Power Drive PD4000.2 is also a sought after model that gives 4000 watts 2-Channel Bridgeable Class AB power perfect for your subwoofer setup. Checkout Onlinecarstereo for more Crunch amplifier models.
Crunch also produces high quality subwoofers such as the Powerzone series PZX12D4 with 600 watts peak power and UV Resistant Foam Surround that helps conquer vibration effectively. On the other hand, the CR-212A Bass System is also a popular product. It produces 1000 watts with the 12 inch subwoofer installed in it.
If you are a beginner in the world of car audio, Crunch speakers are the way to go. They are reliable and for the money, provides a far better sound than the factory speakers installed in your car. The most common and popular is the CS653 and CS693, 6.5 and 6x9” respectively. These are full range speakers that produces 150 watts of RMS power and is designed with UV resistant rubber surround that prevent moisture and helps give the perfect midrange sound you are looking for. If you want a more complex setup, the CS65C component speaker system is the way to go. It is equipped with a passive butterworth crossover that smoothens the transition of frequencies from midrange to the tweeters. Crunch also offers other speaker sizes compatible with any vehicle.
Visit Onlinecarstereo to see all Crunch products available. Also, subscribe to our NEWSLETTER and receive weekly promotions and save tons of cash. With school season starting, it’s time to be practical and economical without sacrificing quality sound. IT’S CRUNCH TIME!!!