One of the most basic upgrades you can do to your car is replacing your stock speakers. Being at home, you can now sit down and work on your project which has been sitting in the garage for a long time. With the right tools and a lot of patience, you can get that premium sound out of your car in no time.
This is also a great time to shop for new car speakers to install, so when you get back on the open road, you can listen like never before. If you’re search of some high-quality speakers, visit the OnlineCarStereo.com Vehicle Fit Guide to determine the correct car speakers for your installation. We have tons of different brands and designs of speakers at affordable prices.
Before we start, let’s set aside the right tools for the job.
- Screw drivers (depending of the type of screw head your speakers have)
- Panel tool
- Soldering tool (as needed)
1) To start, you will need to remove the screws, panels and grills from your car door or dashboard.
Tip: Using the panel tool can help to easily pry out the panels without breaking them.
2) Unscrew the actual speaker form the housing or bracket if there are any. Once you remove them, carefully disconnect the terminals from the speaker. This is now a good time to clean the terminals if oxidation has already formed; doing so will allow excellent conduction of the audio signal on your new speakers.
3) Take out the newly acquired speaker and connect it to the terminal. Remember that the larger terminal is “positive” and the smaller one is “negative”. You have the option to solder the terminal for better conduction and security.
4) Before putting the whole setup back in the door or dashboard, quickly test if they are producing sound and the speaker is working properly.
5) Finally, screw the speaker in place carefully but securely to avoid rattling when sound is produced.
There you go! We hope you enjoy the new sound of your DIY car speakers. Installation is generally straightforward, but if you still have any questions about installing car door speakers, contact our service team Monday-Friday for expert audio guidance.
Remember to visit us at OnlineCarStereo.com for all your car audio and video needs. You can also subscribe to our newsletter to receive weekly promotional offers and save tons of cash on premium car A/V components.