Bluetooth is great for talking hands-free, but that's only the tip of the iceberg. Pair up JVC's KD-R730BT CD receiver and an iPhone, Android smartphone, or Blackberry, and you can harness the true potential Bluetooth has to offer — you'll be able to receive text messages, stream music, or access Internet radio stations, depending on your phone's features.
JVC's Android app lets you use your compatible Android phone's touchscreen to control the action using finger swipes and gestures — for example, tap the screen to play and pause, or swipe right to skip forward a track. So pop your Android phone in a mount, and you can reach down and skip a track without taking your eyes off the road.
JVC upped the power in their USB port, which lets you do some cool things. For one, you can add a USB hub which gives you extra USB slots — great for connecting and charging even more gear. And with your smartphone connected, you can listen to your phone's internal memory as one source and access the little microSD card as another.
PANDORA Internet radio
JVC makes it easy to play your favorite PANDORA Internet Radio stations. iPhone users can control PANDORA when connected to the USB slot, while Android and Blackberry owners get full control over the Bluetooth connection — no wires needed.
- Single DIN In-dash AM/FM, CD, MP3, WMA player
- Built-in Bluetooth technology supports hands-free calling with a compatible Bluetooth phone
- 7" TFT-LCD touchscreen monitor
- Bright white button lighting
- Playback of DVD, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW, CD, CD-R, CD-RW, CD-DA, VCD, SVCD, XviD, AVI, MPEG1, MPEG2, MP3, and WMA
- Playback of All DVD disc regions
- Tuner with 18FM/12AM presets
- Adjustable Loudness setting
- EQ3 3-band equalizer with 8 selectable tone curves (7 Preset, 1 User)
- 3 Sets of 2V preamp outputs (front, rear and subwoofer)
- Front and Rear USB inputs for direct iPod control
- Navigation Ready: Jensen NAV102 required and sold separately
- iPod/iPhone Audio/Video Control Built-In: Jensen jLINK-USB included and allows for direct iPod control
- Front-panel audio/video auxiliary input: 3.5mm A/V (headphone jack)
allows connection to portable media devices such as MP3 players, etc.
- Rear video output: RCA composite video output for connection to external monitors
- Rear video input: Rear video input for rear view cameras with a RCA composite input
- CD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- included Bluetooth adapter for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- USB 1A connection lets you add a USB hub for more inputs
- built-in iPod control
- control PANDORA® from your iPhone, Android, or Blackberry smartphone
- Android app for gesture control over music playback
- built-in MOSFET amplifier (20 watts RMS CEA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- Separated Variable Color display
- remote control
- Audio features:
- 24-bit digital-to-analog converter
- high- and low-pass filters
- 3-band parametric equalizer
- inputs: front and rear USB ports, front auxiliary input
- outputs: 6-channel preamp outputs (2.5-volt front, rear, subwoofer)