There are a lot of in-dash dvd players on the market and it can be hard to choose one for various reasons. It can be very difficult to balance cost vs. desired features. Generally, adding optional features like bluetooth and Ipod connectivity can push the cost of these systems up to an undesireable level.
Enter then Jensen VM9512 and VM9022! Your life has just become a lot easier!
The difference between the two items simply the DIN size. DIN size generally referes to the amount of dash space required to a specific head unit.
Both units feature very good sound and picture quality and are ideal for people who are looking for an in-dash dvd player on a budget.
They really begin to shine when you start to look at the features that are included at no additional cost.
- Touch screen: Control most of the unit's functions directly from the touch screen interface.
- Built in Bluetooth: Many states are now making it illegal to drive while talking on the phone without a hands free device.
- Ipod connectivity: Connect and control your ipod directly from the unit. No additional installation is required! Just plug and play!
- Subwoofer pre-amps: A must for bass heads and people who want to get the most out of their systems.
- Customizable wallpapers: You can upload your own images to use as a custom wallpaper for your system menus.
- Anti-theft password protection: Deters theft by locking others out of the system VIA secure password.
- Picture in picture: for multi-tasking.
- SD Card slot: Access files like images and MP3s from up to a 4GB SD card.
- USB Thumb drive support: Also access files from an external usb thumbdrive.
- DVDR support: Watch movies or listen to MP3 files burned to a DVDR
If you decide later that you want to add an in-dash navigation system you don't need to buy a whole new system. Simply by adding Jensen's Nav101 navigation addon interface, both these units can be transformed into a full function navigation system that is controlled right from the touch screen!
Check out these videos of the units in action: