Alpine Electronics of America, Inc. will debut its new PDR vehicle amplifiers at the 2014 International CES taking place Jan. 7-10 at the Las Vegas Convention Center. The PDR amplifiers are an entirely new line from Alpine.
“Alpine invented the compact amplifier category back in 2006,” said Steve Crawford, vice president and general manager, aftermarket business unit, Alpine Electronics of America, Inc. “Every year since, we have improved upon the format by introducing amplifiers that are smaller yet more powerful than their predecessors. Our new PDR amplifiers exemplify our continuing commitment to this category, as they are highly efficient and produce a great amount of power for their small size.”
Additional Alpine amplifiers will still be available for 2014. The premium PDX amplifiers incorporate Global Modulation architecture for the ultimate sound quality that is the hallmark of PDX amplifiers. These efficient and reliable amplifiers set the bar as the first all-digital amplifiers to be housed in a small, uniform footprint, using a stackable chassis design for compact installations. The MRX-M110 from the X-Power series will stay on as a powerful option for users who want a mono amplifier that can drive multiple subwoofers. The entry level V-Power amplifiers offer style and performance at attractive price points.
Also available are the Head Unit Power Packs, which are small amplifiers that increase the power of head units to 45W RMS x 4. The KTP-445A is designed for select 2005 and newer Alpine head units, while the KTP-445U version offers the same power boost for virtually any source unit.
Alpine’s complete amplifier lineup can be found at authorized Alpine retailers, visit www.alpine-usa.com for a store locator.
PDR Digital Amplifiers
PDR-V75 5-Channel Power Density Reference Amplifier
- 75W RMS x4 + 250W RMS x1 (4ohm, 14.4V ≤0.09% THD+N)
- 100W RMS x4 + 350W RMS x1 (2ohm, 14.4V ≤0.07% THD+N)
- S/N ratio: 87dB (CH1-5 [ref: 1W into 4 ohm]), >105dB (CH1-4)/110dB (CH5) (ref: rated power into 4 ohm)
- Watts per square inch: 5.4
- Damping factor > 500 (CH1-4), > 1000 (CH5)
- Remote bass knob compatible (requires RUX-KNOB, sold separately)
- Available: May
- SRI: $550.00
Buy It Now!
Introducing the new digital X-Power series of Class-D amplifiers. The X-Power amplifiers incorporate many of Alpine’s PDX advanced digital technologies at an affordable price. Don’t let their small size fool you, these amplifiers were specifically engineered to offer performance, sound quality and reliability at PDX standards.
Dual-Feedback Modulation Loop
playing music, a clean, distortion-free, low-power signal input to an
amplifier should exit as an identical high-power output signal to drive
your speakers. In reality, most amps don’t even come close to this
ideal, instead adding significant audible distortion especially in the
high frequencies, which earned typical Class-D amplifiers a deserved
reputation for bad sound. The X-Power’s Global Modulation with Adaptive
Feedback Control loop circuitry intelligently assures the power output
is as clean and distortion-free as possible. Their real-time
error-correction analyzes the signal not only once, but twice by
comparing input signal with the output throughout the entire
amplification process. In doing so, X-Power amplifiers ensure that
their output signal delivers a clean, clear and powerful sound that
must be heard to be believed.
Small, Powerful Design
new X-Power series amplifiers have decreased in size, up to 15% smaller
than V-Power and yet they pack in much more flexibility, durability and
Versatile Controls and Adjustments
small size and versatile controls allow the X-Power amplifiers to
easily be added to either an aftermarket or factory system and can be
setup to accommodate a variety of system configurations. With a
4-channel non-fading speaker input connection, hooking up to your
factory-installed system is a breeze via speaker-level input. Also, the
pre-out is buffered (mono models) to allow for additional amplifiers to
be added without the need for splitters, maintaining signal quality and
helps simplify installation in big bass systems. Speaking of big bass,
all MRX Mono models are also equipped with a subsonic filter, to keep
inaudibly low power-wasting noise out of your subwoofer system.
Remote Control Bass Knob
subwoofer level without having to access the amplifier itself. Simply
add the RUX-KNOB (sold separately) and get full control for remote
on-the-fly bass adjustments. You also have the ability to control up to
ten X-Power mono amps from just one RUX-KNOB controller with simple
telephone jack adapters. The RUX-KNOB is compatible with all Mono and
5-channel X-Power models.
Simple Plug-in with Front USB Port and Front Aux Input
can easily connect to additional devices with a direct USB and
auxiliary input available conveniently on the front of the head unit.
Connect your USB MP3 player or even connect USB memory devices like
thumb drives and hard drives. Song lists on USB devices are displayed
in alphabetical order and the unit will find music files while ignoring
other file types.
Fire up the Music
addition to additional devices via USB or the auxiliary port, the
CDE-110 offers first-rate quality CD, MP3 and WMA playback. It’s the
perfect way to fire up music on your drive.
Search and Volume Control
signature Alpine rotary encoder offers easy adjustment and USB menu
search capability. The CDE-110 is also remote control ready, simply add
on the RUE-4140, sold separately, to make it even easier to control
your head unit functions.
Select from six different EQ modes to get the best sound from all your sources. (Flat / Rock / Pop / Vocal / Jazz / Club).
This unit is equipped with blue illuminated buttons, and a 1-Line LCD display for select CD text.
Expand Your System
CDE-110 makes it easy to expand your system. Whenever you decide you
want more power and better sound, use the PreOut to connect additional
amps, speakers and subwoofers. Add units as your budget allows to
create the system you want.
The new Alpine PDX Series amplifiers are completely re-engineered for
performance, sound quality, and reliability. The PDX series are for the
true car audio
Ultra-Wide Frequensy Response
super-wide, industry leading frequency range offers listeners
unparallel sound quality and detail that bests even the most high-end
audiophile equipment. 5Hz-100kHz for 4ch, 5Hz-400Hz for Mono (+0,-3dB),
and 3Hz~100kHz (+0dB, -3dB), Mono: 3Hz~600Hz (+0dB, -3dB) for 5ch.
Unique Stacking System
new PDX series amplifiers are 20% thinner than previous models at only
2” thick. New stacking system packs the amps closer together so there
are no gaps and to save space in the trunk while directly coupling the
amps heatsinks to help share cooling duties.
Power Management Processor
amps incorporate Alpine’s new Power Management circuit. The Power
Management Processor controls all aspects of amplifier performance,
monitoring voltage, temperature and output to ensure uninterrupted
power output for non-stop listening.
A Touch of Personalization
amplifiers come with removable trim rings, allowing them to be easily
custom painted to match your vehicle or personalized to anything you
want. Add it as another Do-It-Yourself project, or leave it to
professionals and ask an Authorized Alpine retailer/installer near you.
- Stackable installation design with front-panel controls
- Variable high-pass filter on front channels (30-6000 Hz, 12 dB/oct)
- Variable high-pass filter on rear channels (30-600 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- Variable low-pass filter on subwoofer channel (50-600 Hz, 24 dB/oct)
- Variable subsonic filter on subwoofer channel (0-30 Hz, 24 dB/oct)
- Quick-connect speaker connectors
- Class-D amplifier design
- MOSFET power and output stages
- Fuse rating: 40A x 2
The new fourth-generation Type-S subwoofers have undergone a
revolutionary redesign, leaning heavily on patented technologies
developed for the Type-R series. The result is a subwoofer that is so
good we had to redesign the Type-R. These new subwoofers redefine the
expectations in their class. Altogether, they offer significantly
improved output, deeper bass extension, more control and even greater
Genetically Built Like Type-R
new FEA-Optimized Motor Structure together with our revolutionary HAMR
Suspension Design gives the new Type-S Subwoofers the highest X-max and
SPL output in the category.
High Strength Steel Frame
such an advanced airflow system we have incorporated a high strength
steel frame to keep the bass going while keeping your sub cooler.
8 AWG Push Terminals
power consistent to your woofers is just as important as keeping them
cool. The 8 AWG Push Terminals are used on the Type-S woofers to keep
power current flowing, allowing your subwoofer to get the power needed
from the amplifier to run cool and consistent.
High-Grade Stontium Ferrite Magnets
a symmetrical magnetic field with evenly distributed flux density to
greatly reduce distortion, while further improving power handling and
- Progressive Spider
- Compound Radius Curve Pole Geometry
- Oversized Dual Voice Coils
- Kevlar reinforced pulp cone with HAMRS (High Amplitude Multi Roll) Santoprene rubber surround
- Frequency response: 26-200 Hz
- Sensitivity: 86.4 dB
- Top-mount depth: 5-13/16"
- Sealed box volume: 0.71-1.06 cu. ft.
- Ported box volume: 1.06-1.56 cu. ft.
Introducing Alpine’s fully loaded CD/HD/BT receiver. This unit is
packed with technology and service. Enjoy built-in HD Radio® with
multi-cast channels, Bluetooth® Plus, iPod® and iPhone® music playback,
SiriusXM compatibility, and Pandora® control for Android™ and
BlackBerry® – All–in-one single-DIN receiver.
nothing the CDE-HD138BT won’t do to keep your music playing on the
road. From HD Radio with smart reception management that keeps your
channel playing even if the signal is temporarily lost, Pandora
internet radio control for Android and Blackberry, to advanced
Bluetooth controls that makes receiving and making phone calls while
driving a breeze, and improves your safety at the same time. The
CDE-HD138BT also comes with a convenient Front Panel auxiliary input –
so you or your passenger can plug in a portable media player as an
- CD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- Built-in MOSFET amplifier (18 watts RMS CEA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
- Built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- Built-in HD Radio tuner
- Full Pandora control for Android and BlackBerry over Bluetooth
- Basic Pandora control for iPhone
- 5-band parametric/7-band graphic equalizer with ten presets
- Built-in high- and low-pass filters
- Front USB port
- Front auxiliary input
GPS Navigation System
models offer the world's leading GPS navigation system by Garmin. With
preloaded NAVTEQ® map data of the United States and Canada, including
Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico, choose from different intuitive map
view options including split-screen AV control.
wireless technology promotes safe driving habits by allowing you to
have a hands-free conversation while you drive without the need to hold
a phone. Incoming calls can be set to pick up automatically or at the
touch of a button if you prefer to screen incoming calls. For outgoing
calls, you can choose to dial out by scrolling through your phonebook
on the easy to read display interface.
DNX receiver models, feature USB connectivity for audio playback from
popular devices like iPhone and iPod. Featuring easy-to-use user
interface, iPod browsing is a breeze when searching by playlist,
artist, album, song, genres or composer. The user can also search by
Album Artwork. For added versatility, App/iPod Mode disables the
receiver's integrated control, enabling passengers to control the iPod
manually including some selected Apps. The same USB connectivity
allows users to connect USB thumb drives and external hard disk drives.
- Garmin navigation software
- NAVTEQ map and traffic data
- Maps of the United States and Canada, including Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico
- Predicts preferred routes based on your navigation behaviour and history
- Split screen audio or video control
- Provides real-time traffic data
- Lane assist with real photo junction view
- Lifetime NAVTEQ service subscription
- Lane Assist
- My Trend/Traffic Trend
- Navigation Split Screen AV Control
- Built-in Bluetooth technology for hands-free talking and audio streaming
- Bluetooth version 2.0 +EDR certified
- Bluetooth range up to 32.8 ft.
- Supports SMS message notifications and A2DP audio streaming
- USB Connectivity for iPhone and iPod
- Pandora Connectivity for Smartphones
- Sirius XM Ready
- Rear USB Input
- Variable Color Illumination
- Rear View Camera Input
- Triple 2.0V Pre-Outs with Crossover System
- Car Portal for iDatalink
- Steering Wheel Remote Input
- Playback of CD, CD-R, CD-RW, DVD, DVD-R, DVD-RW, MP3, MPEG, AAC, DivX and WMA
- Playback of region #1 DVD discs
- AM/FM tuner with 18FM/12AM presets
- Electronic Shock Protection (ESP)
- 3-band parametric equalizer with 7 selectable tone curves (6 Preset, 1 User)
- 24bit Digital Analog Converter (DAC) to enhance your MP3/WMA playback
- SD Card reader for audio/video playback and software updates
- Dual zone audio playback support
If you're tired of lugging around or keeping music CD's in your car, you might want the convinience of a Mech-Less receiver. The iDA-X305 from Alpine is a mechanical-free device with no moving parts. That means no CD-slot
and no tape player. With the exception of the AM/FM radio. This receiver is for people who listen
primarily to MP3/WMA/AAC audio, it offers one of the
easiest-to-use interfaces for in-car browsing of digital media. Based on the already impressive iDA-X100 receiver,
the X305 keeps the same single-DIN size, rotary encoder-based
interface, and lightning quick browsing of digital media while adding
iPhone support and a few more watts of power to boot. The iDA-X305's two-way encoder control scheme and
QuickSearch function makes it possible to scrub through large libraries
in seconds. Add-on modules allow the feature set to be extended.
- Display: 2.2" High Resolution TFT Color Display
- MP3/AAC/WMA Playback
- Double-Action Encoder
- Customizable Wallpapers
- Blue / Red Illuminated Buttons
- DAC: 24-Bit Burr-Brown DAC
- Bass & Treble Controls
- Fader & Balance Controls
- Built-In Clock
- Built-In Calendar
- Detachable Trim Plate
- Detachable Face Plate
- Dimmer Input
- Power Antenna Lead Output
- Remote Turn-On Output
- Audio Interrupt Input
- Remote Control Ready
- Steering Wheel Control Ready
- Tuner with 12FM/6AM presets
- Local and DX tuner seeking
- Loudness, high pass filter
- 2-Band parametric equalizer
- Burr-Brown 24-bit digital-to-analog converter
- Power IC Off function turns off the internal amplifier for enhanced audio when connecting to external amplifiers
- 3 pairs of 2V pre-amp outputs