The Excelon DNX9140 is Kenwood's flagship in-dash multimedia navigation receiver. The ultra clear 6.98" WVGA touchscreen allows you to control all fuctions of the unit via a sleek and intuitive menu system. As with all DNX series models; Garmin Navigation is built into it's basic functions. The included navigation software features millions of basic PoI (Points of Interest) for the USA, Hawaii, and Alaska. Wireless bluetooth technology by Parrot (One of the leading developers of bluetooth products) is also included in the DNX9140's standard features.
Built-In Advanced Navigation - Guidance by Garmin
- 2DIN 6.98" Wide VGA TFT Active Matrix Display with Reverse Tilt Mechanism
- Built-in Advanced Garmin Navigation With USA, Canada, PR, Alaska, Hawaii Mapping
- Built-In Bluetooth by Parrot
- MSN Direct / TMC Traffic Ready
- Built-In 5.1 DSP With Digital Time Alignment &13-Band EQ
- 24-Bit Digital-To-Analog Converter
- DVD-Video / DiVX Playback
- iPhone/iPod Audio Video USB Direct Control With Alphabet Search
- Multi-Language GUI Menu
- Variable Colour Illumination
- Selectable Wallpapers &Customizable Backgrounds
- SAT Ready (Requires CA-SR20V + Sirius SC-C1 Tuner or KCA-XM100V + XM Mini Tuner)
- HD Radio Ready
- 5 Volt Pre-outs x 6
- 2 x USB Inputs, 2 x AV Inputs, 1 x Rear Camera Input, 1 x AV Output,
- 2 x External Switches For Relay Control Outputs for garage doors, lighting, trunk, etc.
- Firmware upgradeable via MFG website
Built-In Bluetooth - Powered by Parrot
- Phone Number Search / Call (Using BT)
- Brand Icon
- Mileage Tracker
- Touch screen control of navigation functions
- Voice guidance output through car speaker system
- No map discs - built-in full-memory Garmin Navigation board
- Maps of Canada, continental USA, Hawaii and Alaska
iPhone/iPod Audio Video USB Direct Control
- High-quality noise cancelling microphone
- Register Up To 5 Bluetooth phones
- Holds up to 1000 phone numbers per registered phone
- Supports Auto Phonebook Download
- Supports A2DP Wireless Music Streaming
- Supports Voice Recognition Dialing
- Supports incoming/outgoing short-message service (SMS)
- Not all features work on all phones
- Bluetooth firmware via MFG website
- Alphabet Search
- Supports Album Art
- Supports Audio &Video Content Including Content Purchased From iTunes With DRM
- Supports Up To 12Mbps transfer speeds
- Powers and Charges Compatible iPhone/iPods
- Compatible models include:
- iPhone 3G
- iPod Classic
- iPod Video (5th/6th Gen)
- iPod Nano (1st/2nd/3rd Gen)
- Must update iPhone/iPod using iTunes for the latest Apple firmware
Reverse Tilt Mechanism
Depending on the vehicle, in-car monitors are installed in a variety of heights and angles, and this sometimes results in reduced visibility due to reflected glare from sunlight. Kenwood’s solution is the exclusive Reverse Tilt mechanism: in addition to the traditional tilt mechanism that allows the bottom of the monitor to be tilted forward over 5 positions, Reverse Tilt also allows the top of the monitor to tilt forward to eliminate reflected glare.Built-In Sirius Satellite Protocol
Kenwood Multimedia products offer more value by including a Sirius SSP interface. By simply adding a Kenwood CA-SR20V adapter cable, you can connect a Sirius SC-C1C tuner or a SC-VDOC1 car dock cradle for your portable Sirius tune.
It can be fairly hard to find a decent after-market car gps and navigation solutions when you only have 1 DIN dash opening to work with or otherwise limited by space. Most of the best in-dash navigation solutions out there require you to have a 2 DIN dash opening or pay additional premiums up front, at time of purchase, or in the form of an optional navigation accessory.
This year, Clarion seeks to change that with their release of the NZ409 DVD multimedia receiver with built in navigation. For a mere fraction of the cost of other 1 DIN navigation solutions from other top car electronics manufacturers the NZ409 offers maps of all 50 US States and Canada. The mapping software provided out of the box also features 12 million built-in PoI (Points of Interest) complete with a 3D display mode for city or elevation maps, and is stored on a 2GB flash device.
In addition to all the great navigation features, you'll still have access to all the features you'd expect from a top-of-the-line car audio/video receiver. iPod connectivity is built-in and you simply need to use your standard USB iPod cable to playback and control your music files right from the on-screen controls or included wireless remote. A full set of 6 (3 pairs) of RCA pre-amp outputs are located on the rear along with a dedicated rear view camera input and two rear A/V RCA inputs.
A Quick Overview:
The AVIC-U310BT car audio/stereo receiver is first in Pioneer's 2009 AVIC GPS navigation receivers serires. Not only is this MP3/CD player very affordable but it's also packed with features. The crystal clear 4.3" touch screen display allows you to view and control navigation maps, browse your iPod/iPhone library or control the built-in bluetooth functionality. If you're familiar with Pioneer's AVIC series, you know that their menu systems are beautiful and intuitive. You can easily sort your iPod/iPhone playlist, control your bluetooth and phone menu options, or control any of the unit's other functions.
If you don't have an iPod or iPhone, but you'd like to listen to your MP3s or other digital media files, the AVIC-U310BT has got you covered. Simply load your files digital audio files onto an SD card or a USB thumb drive and gain full access to your library via myriad of playback options, once again controlled right from the touch screen interface.
True to AVIC form, the built-in gps navigation is ready to go out of the box. The map database is packed with tons of PoI (Points of Interest) and keeps you on track with clear audio turn-by-turn directions.
Jensen has done it again with the:
They've taken all the functionality of the VM9022:
- Built-in bluetooth
- Built-in iPod / iPhone connectivity
- USB port for compatibile media players and thumb drives
- SD card slot
- 3.5mm aux input
- RDS - enhanced radio station information
- Customizable user wallpapers
- 6 channel high output pre-amps
- Wireless remote
Then they included:
- HD Radio Tuner
- Built-in GPS navigation (GPS antenna included)
All for a price that simply destroys the competition.